May 1, 2013

FIND Orem

I had the chance to participate in FIND Orem last month and it was such a pick-me-up. I’ve always loved film and since I’m usually shooting digitally for school, it was refreshing to have an excuse to work with film. It has helped me slow down and really think about every single aspect of my photo before hitting the shutter. Film just feels right because it shows life as it really is. There’s nothing fake about it.

A dose of FIND is just what I needed. I’ve recently been feeling like there’s no way to find a niche for myself in the photo world, but Jon’s advice on photography and business had me walking away saying to myself, “You’ve got this!” Jon taught me to hustle and to respect myself as an artist. Never again will I undersell myself.

Portra 400 on Bronica

No comments:

Post a Comment